HOME

THE PROJECT



INSULA V 1



POMPEII REVIVED



MEMBER'S FORUM



STAFF & ANNUAL
FIELDWORK


PUBLICATIONS

LINKS

ACKNOW-
LEDGEMENTS


COLLECTIONS
APOLLO TEMPLE
Eastern portico of the sanctuary of Apollo. Named "temple of Venus" by Gellerstedt in 1864.

Photo/drawing:
Linn Ahlgren
Artist: Gellerstedt, Albert Theodor
Date: 1864

Medium: Pencil drawing
House: Apollo temple

Collection: Inventory
Location: Konstakademien (Sthlm)

Comments:
Though named "the temple of Venus" by Gellerstedt, this is the eastern side of the portico of the temple of Apollo, seen from northwest. At occasions in the 19th century was named Temple of Venus, and so presumably presented to Gellerstedt in 1864.

Text in picture:
ARKa FRAGMtr (top, elft)
XIII (top, right) original text in picture?

POMPEI VENUSTEMPLETS PORTIK